Worlsey, North West
Location of Project
Time of Project
Dave, Liam and Kieran were a dream to have carry out the conversion. It took a little over 2 weeks to bring the project to plaster, they worked 6 days a week in order to complete it quickly to suit my timescales.
Within a couple of days of my initial phone enquiry they came round and discussed the project, taking measurements and clarifying what we wanted to achieve. A couple of days later we were provided with a quotation which we accepted.
I really would recommend FarrellWolst, they have been an absolute pleasure to deal with. - Sam
We were provided with a detailed brief by Sam, for the loft conversion. It was to be converted for one of their children.
We designed the new room, with an accompanying new landing area, with new doors for an existing bedroom and of course for the loft itself. We decided to install the staircase for the loft using space in the master front bedroom, this was equipped with a top winder, in order to achieve the required head height of the top steps. We then built a partition wall, with full sound proof insulation, to separate the staircase from the master bedroom.
The project took around 15 days to complete, the process looked like the following;
- To begin we cleaned the loft and removed all the old insulation
- we then installed our new joists and flooring, as the existing joists were to small to carry the weight of a dedicated bedroom.
- We proceeded to install the rooflight, which was a Velux Top opening window.
- Then came the staircase, which was custom built, complying with all regulations.
- We then carried out the studwork for the walls and ceiling, along with the first fix of the electrics
- Finally we boarded the room and applied plaster.