Stockport, North West
Location of Project
Time of Project
Dave, Andy and Kieran made the conversion run smoothly. It took around 3 weeks for the guys to complete it and the price was the best of the three quotes we received.
I would recommend FarrellWolst, 5 stars - Claire, Stockport.
We were provided with a detailed brief by Claire, for the loft conversion. It was to be converted for there daughter, as she was beginning to outgrow the back bedroom.
We designed the new room and staircase deciding to install the staircase for the loft using space in the back bedroom, this was a steep staircase, in order to reduce as much floor space as possible, maximising usable space throughout. We also designed and built bespoke storage in the eaves of the loft all the way around, as well as storage underneath the stairs themselves.
The project took around 18 days to complete, the process looked like the following;
- To begin we cleaned the loft and removed all the old insulation
- we then installed our new joists and flooring, as the existing joists were to small to carry the weight of a dedicated bedroom.
- We proceeded to install the rooflights, which were Velux Top opening windows
- Then came the staircase, which was custom built, complying with all regulations.
- We then carried out the studwork for the walls and ceiling, along with the first fix of the electrics
- Finally we boarded the room and applied plaster.